e shtunë, 23 qershor 2007

Canoeing with a Life Jacket!

Ysterday was a very good day, I went canoeing with some of my very dear freinds, Bethany (bethy) Brianna (nonie) and Christine (I dont have a nickname for her :P) My dad and Mr. Stofiel were with us and there were three people to a canoe. It wa a blast! But I did have to wear very......well....I had to wear water socks *haha* and a big blue life jacket. It was alot of fun we had licorice, gold fish (my favorite :) and alot of fun packed rowing! I got a farmers tan, because I had a quarter length sleeve on. My dad sat in the middle and he actually held our two canoes together (it was easier to hand snacks back and forth *hehe*) The whole time we kept commenting on how gross the water was, it was green and it had all these differant kinds of plants growing in it. Then my dad started telling these stories about lake monsters and movies where people would all of a sudden disappear because the monster got them (I was not scared though ;) We went with a "tour guide" and a group of people that we did not know, but we had our house boat ;) with all the snacks we could need! but any way the trip was coming to an end and we where about 40 feet from land so we decided to race the rest of the way but we had to get away from eachother (because my dad was holding us together) so my dad and Christine (she was in the other boat) pushed away from eachother at the same time, all of us girls screamed, and we were all in the water both canoes upside down! *HAHA* I am very used to being in water so I finally figured out what had happened I started laughing my head off (that was until I realized I was in merky water...... with plants touching my legs......and a lake monster could be in there! :O) *wink* It was like a dream, I did not even have time to react (besides my screamm) when we fell in, it just happened. Our stuff was floating all around, our snacks.....goners *cry* All of us girls were just laughing we could not even think straight. But we went down in history as the first to people to fall out of a canoe on that lake. It was the icing on the cake for me. Luckily we had a change of clothes packed. My dads cell phone dead, and Mr. Stofiels 300.0 doller phone...dead.
Well after that story I want to just say how we can take for granted our "life jackets" from the worries of this world. Sometimes we can think that we would be able to swim this world on our own, but we know that is not true, we have to have a life jacket of Gods grace, and love to save us from the merky waters of this world. We would get to tired with out Gods life jacket for us, because that is what carries us when we are to weak to go any farther. Praise God for all His love for you, because alot of people dont have what we do, and that is hope, faith, love, grace, and everything that God has given us. We can think that life is so hard, but think about what it would be without our life jacket (God)? We might be able to swim for alittle while but would happen when we got tired? We were chosen befor the world had even been created, praise God for that! We dont deserve what we have.
Psalm 5:11 But let all who take refuge in you be glad; let them ever sing for joy. Spread your protection over them, that those who love your name may rejoice in you.
Psalm 25:9 He guides the humble in what is right and teaches them his way.
Proverbs 2:8 For he guards the course of the just and protects the way of his faithful ones.
Psalm 116:6 The Lord protects the simplehearted; when I was in great need, he saved me.
Psalm 23:3 He restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake.


5 komente:

Lo tha...

once again this really makes me think . and it sounds like you had fun. Whats really wierd though is that my nickname in my family is Nonie.

Hannah Paul tha...

Ha ha that is funny about your nickname :) I cant wait to see you at worldview!

Christine tha...

Sounds like FUN!! I love canoeing! But I've only gone canoeing a few times at a lake in Ft. Stevens.
I have to agree with everyone that you're very talented with writing these blogs. :) And of course the gift is from God! You're just so creative and tie everyday things together with scripture and a spiritual thought. AND you frequently write blogs, you don't seem to run out of things. :) It reminds me of how our pastor does things. He'll take something, maybe from when he was a boy, or just a recent thing, or whatever, and tie it in with the scripture reading and his message.
IDK if you checked my blog yet... I wrote one yesterday...
See you today at the interior design class! :D :D :D

Christine tha...

Oops, I mean Fort Steven's... That was weird, how I wrote Ft. I think I was thinking of St., like Mount St. Helen's, and thought putting an F instead of the S would work... Oddness...

Hannah Paul tha...

Christine it is funny you whould say that I dont run out of things to write about, because if I try to think ahead of things to write about I cant, but then right when I need something to write about God brings me inspiration. I am grateful for it, and I pray that God could help me keep posting about things that are a pleasur to Him, and helpful to me and others. Because usually everything I write about is something God wants to to work on.