e martë, 12 qershor 2007

What if God Kept a Scrapbook?

I was looking through my scrap book (my very neglected one) and was just enjoying turning pages and looking back in time. Of course there is always the pictures you wish had never been taken, becuase you look so.....goofy in them *haha* I have more then my share of pictures like that. :) Why is it that I like scrapbooking and journaling? Well It is kind of obvious, because I like to remember things. Now don't ask me why I think like this because I have no idea why *haha* but I wondered what kind of a scrapbook God would have if He had one. Then I asked myself what is important to God, what does He hold dear to His heart. We already know that every person who has excepted Jesus Christ as thier Lord has thier name written in the book of life. But what else does God hold dear? Then, as I was thinking about that, I thought of one thing that would not be in that scrap book, and that is a page full of all the wrong things we have done (well wait it would not be a page! It would be.....well.... BIG whatever it is) So many times I have held grudges against people who have hurt me, or I have never forgotten when that one person did that thing, that made me really, and made me want to do a thing back to hurt that person. *ahem* It gets really stupid after awhile. I mean what would happen if God tried to get revenge or hold a grudge on someone every time that they had done something against His will.....well we would all pretty much....well lets just say we would loose, BIG TIME! Why is it that He does not mark us with a black marker and say "You've sinned, oh you did it again, and again and again.." well for one, He would not have a big enough marker. So why are we holding grudges against people and judging them for that one mistake (it could even be more then once) for the rest of thier lives. I mean talk about worrying about the spam in their eyes when you have a hog in your own.....oh wait thats not right....well you get the idea. Well the only answer I could come up with is that Jesus took that full burden onto Himself.....the one person who never did a thing wronge was punished for OUR sins, MY sins! Thank you Jesus! So if any of you are like me, then I would challenge you to start letting go of those "things" that have hurt you, and forgive. I mean look at all the times that people have held a grudge against someone in the bible and wanted to kill. Like Esau, he held a grudge against Jacob and killed him, or Herodias against John. Forgive, because God has done it for us many many times. I know I will. I would also challenge you to think about things that you could do that would be worthy of being in God's "scrap book".
Leviticus 19:18 You shall not take vengeance or bear a grudge against the sons of your own people, but you shall love your neighbor as yourself:I am the Lord.
1 Corinthians 13:4-6 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.
I know this is kind of the same concept of my last post, talking about mercy, but it is something that has been on my heart lately.

4 komente:

Christine tha...

Hey!
I love your new user pic! :D
Did you see my comments on your last blog (after you replied to my first comment)?
Also, did you get the last e-mails Sara and I sent you? I was kinda wondering because I haven't gotten an e-mail yet, but I know you've been online a fair amount recently.... and also, last time I didn't get the e-mail you sent... Sooo...

Hannah Paul tha...

I replied to everything in an email :)

Hannah Paul tha...

Really thanks! I dont think the pic goes with the colors of my blog at all lol I will be a very bad interior designer. :P I think that I will change it.

Christine tha...

No, I'm sure you'll be a great interior designer! :D
If you want to know how to edit the code [HTML] so that you can change the background color of the different do das... umm... templates, then I can tell you how (I'll ask Sara or Jay first. Jay showed Sara how to do it who showed me how to do it ^_^ haha).