e hënë, 11 qershor 2007

God Still Loves a Broken Record

I was listening to my ipod this morning, and a song came on that I had listened to almost a billion times. I loved it when I first got it put on my ipod....so I listened to it over and over and over again (I dont know why I do that *hehe*) but then I got kind of tired of it and stopped listening to it. So it started playing this morning and I was like "Augh! not that song again." So I changed it. I was thinking about it, and aren't we kind of like broken records? We constantly sin over and over and over again! Most of the time it is a sin that we have had to ask for forgiveness for many times. But God never gets any less gracious or loving towards us. He never says things like, "Augh! Hannah not that sin again! I am never going to listen to you anymore." I am not saying that He is pleased with a broken record, but he still loves us just the same. When someone we love very much constantly sins and is constantly asking us for forgiveness, we can get pretty tired of hearing it and wish that we could never hear it again. But if we truly want to walk in the steps of our Lord, we should try and follow Him in everything that He does, even if we have to hear the same "songs" over and over again.
Psalm 6:36 Be merciful even as your Father is merciful.
Matthew 5:7 Blessed are the merciful, for they shall receive mercy.
Psalm 103:8 The Lord is merciful and gracious, slow to agner and abounding in steadfast love.
Psalm 123:3 Have mercy upon us Lord, have mercy upon us, for we have had more then enough of contempt.
p.s I know that an ipod and a record are kind of....well from differant time periods *haha*.....but hey you get the point :)

4 komente:

Christine tha...

Yeah, I definitely agree. Like, look at Luke 17:3-4. "So watch yourselves! If another believer sins, rebuke that person; then if there is repentance, forgive. Even if that person wrongs you seven times a day and each time turns again and asks forgiveness, you must forgive." When I was reading that, I was like, "No wonder God forgives me even when I sin the same sin over and over again, and keep crying out to Him, knowing I don't deserve His forgiveness this time. For He even want us to do the same for others."
I was just wondering, what song is it that you're talking about? :P

Hannah Paul tha...

It was one of Keane's songs.

Christine tha...

I don't think I've heard of that band/singer. Are they Christian?

Christine tha...

Oh, one more thing. How do I put a userpic on? 'Cause the one I have on my blog isn't showing up on comments... So I think I did something wrong... Like uploaded it in the wrong place or something... :S