e premte, 22 qershor 2007

Five Tacos For Me!

Last night my grandparents and my cousin Bryan came to spend the night. My mom made tacos for dinner, it was a rather late dinner, and she asked me how many I wanted. I said in a rather desperate tone "Five!" my grandma thought it was very funny, because she knew I barely eat very much at all (mind you I do eat enough to fill me up :) So any way as we were sitting out on the pattio in the nice weather, grandma said "I want to see if Hannah will really eat five tacos." Well the game was on because I know no one expected me to eat more then two (that is my normal number) well let me tell you, I ate FIVE WHOLE TACOS! *he he* I even had two cookies afterwards with some m&m's later that night. I dont think that I will eat for weeks! But *ha ha* I think my stomach just growled. I wanted to proove that I was not a two taco girl, but a big whoppin FIVE taco girl! YEAH! Okay sorry if I am making you hungry I will get to the point of this post.
People of this world look at Christians and homeschoolers, and think that they are as dumb, as dumb can get. I mean the government is trying to get homeschoolers to go to school because they are "worried" that we are not getting a good enough education, and the world has always been against Christians and thier beliefs. People can think that we are a weak link and that we have nothing behind us. Well for one they have it all wrong, we have the King of Kings behind us. Lets show the world that we know the Lord God and that they can know Him too! If I can chow down five tacos just to proove that I can, then why cant I take a chance for Jesus and proove to the world that God is....God! I know I would want someone to tell me aout Jesus if I was unsaved. Now I am not saying God needs proof to be real to us or to them, but sometimes people dont see what is right infront of there nose, they just need someone to point them in the right direction. So what I have learned from eating five tacos (other then the fact that is make you very full) is that sometimes I can only be a two "taco girl" for the Lord, just because that is what the world expects me to be, when I really can be a five "taco girl".
Mark 8:35 For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me and for the gospel will save it.
Acts 20:24 However, I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me—the task of testifying to the gospel of God's grace.
Romans 1:9 God, whom I serve with my whole heart in preaching the gospel of his Son, is my witness how constantly I remember you.
Romans 1:16a I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first teh Jew then the gentile.

6 komente:

Karen Elizabeth tha...

omgosh!!! It is hard to believe you ate five tacos! I am extremely proud of you. ;-) you tied in some good points...that were definitely compelling.

Lo tha...

wow good for you. i don't think i could eat that many. you are such a great writer i don't know how you do it but you conect an every day story into somthing that we can apply to our lives.

Hannah Paul tha...

Karen: THANKS! I know, I cant believe I did it! I Think I gained five pounds along with it ;)

Lauren: I dont know how I do it either, but all I know is that God helps me and if any one should get the credit it should be Him.

Sara tha...

Five tacos, wow I think I'd feel a little sick if I ate that many lol. Lauren's right, you are a great writer! The way you write reminds me of the way the pastor at my church does his sermons, taking something from everyday that can sometimes seem totally random and using it to illustrate a really good point. I love reading your blog. :]
P.S. Hey Lauren! And hey Karen! :]

Anonim tha...

Thank you for dropping by my corner of the web! I had a wonderful, stretching, tiring time at camp, and am looking forward to sleeping in my own bed tonight!
:-) Blessings to you!

Hannah Paul tha...

hey bryant! :) I am glad that you had a good time at camp! But I know how that is when you just cant wait to get back into your own bed.
God Bless!
All my freinds meet Bryant ;) I met her while blog surfing. She has a passion for the Lord that made me notice God shinning through her. Thanks for visiting my blog Bryant :)