e diel, 17 qershor 2007

Ducks, Chickens, Geese, and Sheep

You know the people that I talked about earlier, the people I babysit for. They have animals and they are away on a trip so I got the gnawrly job of taking care of 7 sheep, three ducks, half a dozen chickens, and three VERY annoying geese! I filled the chikens water (the whole time the geese were honking at me.....*haha* that sounds weird) then I came out of thier pen and the geese followed trying to scare me......(I think my dad kicked them to hard in the head the other day because now they think they are watch dogs.) I decided to give the sheep some grain and I wanted them to trust me, so I would put my hand down real low and wait for them to get the guts to come and eat out of my hand (I regretted it afterwards because of the drool *bleack*). There was this one lamb that kept getting pushed away, and never got a bite of food. So I tried to reach over the sheep that were butting eachothers head to get the pan of food that I put out for them, and tried to let the baby eat from my hand. But it was to scared.....maybe because my feet looked really big in my dads shoes *haha* So any way I finally followed the little guy and I accidentally stepped in some.....brown stuff. (good thing they weren't my shoes :p) then I almost tripped. Then, finally the little guy came over and took alitte bit from my hand but by that time the other sheep had eaten all the food and came running over to eat the remaining food in my hand. Well any way you might be wondering where this is going. Well, the Lord is our Shepard, and we are His sheep. His arms are always stretched out to us, but sometimes we are blind to His mercies and love, and can be like the timid little lamb. We can be scared to trust Him, and that can keep us from following His will for our lives. Just like I wanted that little lamb to trust me, God wants us to trust Him.But on the other hand we can be like the other sheep, trying to take everything for oursleves and not even give thanks for what He has given. Which sheep are you? The timid or selfish?
1 Chronicles 16:35 Cry out, "Save us, O God our Savior; gather us and deliver us from the nations, that we may give thanks to your holy name, that we may glory in your praise."
Psalm 28:7 The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song.
1 Thessalonians 5:14 And we urge you, brothers, warn those who are idle, encourage the timid, help the weak, be patient with everyone.
2 Timothy 1:7 For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline.
Philippians 2:3 Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves.
James 3:16 For where you have envy and selfish ambition, there you find disorder and every evil practice.

4 komente:

Christine tha...

We both did blogs in the same day that took the subject of Him being a shepherd and us being the sheep and stuff. Funny that it happened that way. :D

Elizabeth F. tha...

Wow, it sounds like you had an adventure... ;)

I really liked the subject of your post, Hannah; it was very thought-provoking. :)

Karen Elizabeth tha...

ha ha ha! you crack me up hannah! LOL. great message though...:)

Hannah Paul tha...

oh my really Christine! I had not idea lol!