e premte, 8 qershor 2007

"Mommy aren't I beautiful?"

There was this little girl shopping for clothes with her mom. She came out of the dressing room in a pink dress, and said "mommy aren't I beautiful?" That little girl has been on my mind alot. Why do we look at ourselves, and be so proud about our looks, our wealth, or even who we hang out with, when none of that will be important on our judgement day. "Tell me Hannah what things have you stored up in heaven, and done for Me in your life." "Well Lord......I owned a red car, my friends were the most popular in school, I met this really cute movie star and every one was jealous, and I even had a cell phone that no one else had." Yeah what accomplishments. Why do we take so much pride in ourselves or our things, when we were created to worship our Lord? It takes a humble heart to repent of our constent sins, so why our we proud of our worldly things? Why is it that we can look around and find things to be so proud about when none of the praise belongs to us. We are so sinful, so unworhty of anything that we have, and God sent His only Son to die for our sins. Why are we proud, when we deserve to spend eternity in Hell far far away from any love. Are you like that girl in the pink dress? Because I know I can be somtimes.
Proverbs 16:18 Pride goes before destruction , and a haughty spirit before fall.
Proverbs 29:23 One's pride will bring him low, but he who is lowly in spirit will obtain honor.

2 komente:

amber kelley tha...

so convicting, Hannah. Thanks for posting this! <3

Elizabeth F. tha...

Yes, it's a great post! Love you, girl! :)