e shtunë, 9 qershor 2007

"Let's Pretend...."

Last night I babysat four kids , and the two youngest would come up with very interesting games. The words that I will always remember them for are these "Let's Pretend..." and suddenly the kid pool became an alligater swamp in the dessert, and the picnic table became a spaceship......and I was even a horse....yeah.... well I kept thinking last night, and this morning, how differant I am now then I was when I was there age. Alot of my priorities are differant now. There are more things I have to think about, more things I have to do. Sometimes in everything that I have to be getting done I forget how I used to be or that I still have so much to learn and grow in. When I was younger I would talk to God just like I would any other person. I did not have things that were distracting me from learning Gods word or from talking to Him. Sometimes I can think that I get to busy, and that I dont have time to have my devotionals or my talks with the Lord. But that is just a lie, even if I have to get up a half an hour earlier to start my day out with bible reading and prayer, I do have time to spend with God and learn more and more about Him. I have to stop "pretending" that I dont have time or that I am to busy. Sometimes I wish I could go back in time, because it is a challenge in this always moving world, that is falling farther and farther into darkness. Why is it that I can get my homework done on time, do my chores, practice guitar, talk on the phone, even write a blog, but I cant take a half an hour out of my day to read the bible? If I dont get into the rhythm of doing that daily now, what makes me think that later in life if I get a job, or get married and have kids, that it will be any easier to do it then.
Psalms 199:33-40 Teach me O Lord, the way of your statutes; and I will keep it to the end. Give me understanding, that I may keep your law and observe it with my whole heart. Lead me in your path of your commandments for I delight in it. Incline me heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain! Turn my eyes from looking at worthless things; and give me life in your ways. Confirm to your servant your promise, that you may be feared. Turn away reproach that I dread, for your rules are good. Behold, I long for your precepts; in your righteousness give me life!
Psalms 119:1-8 Blessed are thoughs whose way is blameless, who walk in the law of the Lord! Blessed are thoughs who keep his testimonies, who seek him with their whole heart, who also do no wrong but walk in his ways! You have commanded your precepts to be kept diligently. Oh that my ways my be steadfast in keeping your statutes! Then I shall not be put to shame, having my eyes fixed on all your commandments. I will praise you with an upright heart, when I learn you righteous rules. I will keep your statutes; do not forsake me!

1 koment:

Christine tha...

Hey! ^_^
I like how you put a lesson into your blogs and use Bible verses and things. :)
NEway, I'll reply to your e-mail later. ^_^