e hënë, 2 korrik 2007

Chase the Sunset

Sorry that I have not posted in awhile. I took an Interior Design class this past week, and I have not had any inspiration about what to write about. But it came to me a few days ago while I was watching the sun sink behind that trees. I was thinking how majestic it was, and how blessed we are to have such a creative God. The sun sets every day, and rises every morning, and that will happen everyday until the end of days, and while the sun is setting and rising this world is falling apart. While the sun is still rising and setting it also means that we have time to make a differance in the world. Dont let the sun go down with out being a light to the world. I realize that some people are not called to go out on the mission field, or other like things, but we can still make a differance by standing up for what we believe in, and even just by being a good example. Just because we are not out on the mission field or going around and fighting against political things does not mean we can't make a differance in the way we live. Either by being a good daughter or son, husband or wife, or a good brother or sister. If we practice being a good person at home we can be light in this dark world just by the way we act. What makes us differant then the people of this world? Can people tell we are differant? So chase the sunset and do not let it go down with out being a good example to this fallen world. The the time we have to do this is running out.
1 Corinthians 11:1 Follow my example, as I follow the example of Christ.
Can you say this to the darkness of the world?
1 Timothy 4:12 Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity.
Titus 2:7 In everything set them an example by doing what is good. In your teaching show integrity, seriousness.
1 Peter 2:21 To this you were called, because Christ suffered for you, leaving you an example, that you should follow in his steps.

5 komente:

Sara tha...

My friend is in a band with a name similar to your title... like Chasing Sundown, I think... (wellll at least she and her friends were trying to start a band and that was what they were going to call it, lol).
Anyway, great post as usual! :)

Hannah Paul tha...

ha ha that is cool :) It would be fun to be in a band....but I think I would need to be alot better at guitar *ha ha* and I dont know....I would rather go to elderly homes and play for them, just me and Karen or something.

Sara tha...

Yeah it would be fun to be in a band. Oh that's a good idea about the elderly homes, that'd be a really nice thing to do. Oh and BTW, at the time Chasing Sundown was started, my friend was the guitarist and didn't even have a guitar, let alone know how to play one... o.O haha. She has one now and is taking lessons I think.

Hannah Paul tha...

It would be hard to be in a band if you did not know how to play the instrument that you were asigned *ha ha* but yeah girls do that, they plan something that sounds like it would be really fun, even if at the time they dont have what they need to make the "dream" come true :P

Anonim tha...

Beautiful post!

Dont let the sun go down with out being a light to the world.

So true! Thanks for the encouragement!